Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vivian: Status Report

I'm happy to say that my Vivian cardigan is progressing nicely since I frogged it and restarted it last month. I finished the body section the other day and am currently half way up the left arm.


Though this isn't a top-down sweater (which are my favorite to knit, Barbara Walker be praised), the seamless design does lend itself to trying the sweater on during construction. I'm knitting one size down because my gauge is slightly off - a standard trick of mine - but it seems to be coming out just right. My Vivian is definitely going to be a fitted cardigan, but hopefully that means a bulky cardigan that is actually flattering to the figure. Who knew that was actually possible?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too keep away from bulky yarns and sweaters... HOWEVER... yours is cute AND looks like it will be flattering!

Can't wait to see the finished project!